The Baltimore Ravens finished their pre-season campaign with a comfortable 22-13 win over the New Orleans Saints in New Orleans tonight.
Both teams went into the game with perfect pre-season records, having each shown impressive form ahead of the season proper. However tonight, it was a solid defensive display from the Ravens which helped ensure their campaign would be completed with a perfect record – just one of two teams to achieve this feat.
It was just the third time the Ravens have had a perfect pre-season, with them previously achieving this feat in both 2000 and 2009.
Tyrod Taylor and Keith Wenning were both solid for the Ravens whilst Joe Flacco rested and the rushing was lead by Lorenzo Taliaferro and Fitzgerald Toussaint. Kamar Aiken and Deonte Thompson were the best of the wide receivers.
Justin Tucker was impressive as always, making five of five field goal attempts and the single extra-point conversion.
3 – 13 – 3 – 3
7 – 6 – 0 – 0
- Tyrod Taylor – 10/17, 105 yards, 1 touchdown, 1 interception
- Keith Wenning – 8/13, 117 yards
- Lorenzo Taliaferro – 25 carries, 88 yards
- Fitzgerald Toussaint – 17 carries, 103 yards
- Kamar Aiken. – 4 receptions, 57 yards
- Deonte Thompson – 3 receptions, 25 yards, 1 touchdown
- Arthur Brown – 4 tackles (4 solo)
- John Simon – 2 tackles (2 solo), 1 sack
- Michael Campanaro – 3 returns, 78 yards (longest 28 yards)
- Justin Tucker – 1/1 XP, 5/5 FG (longest 45 yards)
The regular season kicks off next Sunday afternoon at home against AFC North rivals, the Cincinnati Bengals.